Clapham Business News
Clapham has seen a number of changes in recent weeks, below are a few highlights –
- The East London Pub Co has confirmed it has taken over what was Kazbar on Clapham High Street and will be developing a food and drink offer. They have two other venues within their portfolio in Spitalfields, including the Ten bells – www.eastlondonpubco.com
- Strada have closed on Clapham High Street as part of a closure of 11 premises across the UK, blaming rising costs and disappointing trading – Article from the Caterer
- 18-19 The Pavement – the derelict building at 18-19 The Pavement, currently covered with the Clapham Cultural Map is now subject to a well considered planning application by local architects Marks Barfield – view plans on the Lambeth planning database
- The Belle Vue – has now opened following acquisition by the City Pub Company
- The Rectory – is now open and under new ownership in Old Town the premises previously traded as the Calf of Clapham, run by Mitchell and Butlers – visit their website
- Mitchell and Butlers – have recently made a significant investment and refurbished both the Falcon and Sun Pubs. Both have now reopened.
- The Old Town Toilet – Following months of inaction, Lambeth Council have decided that the old toilet block will be landscaped. An architect has been appointed and initial designs are being drawn up. No timetable of works is available.
- Clapham Job Centre – the Job Centre in Clapham Old Town has now closed as part of 87 closures across the country, including Brixton. The building has acquired planning permission to change use into flats.
- 150 Stonhouse Street – despite a viable business having occupied the premises for some years, Lambeth Council granted the landlord permission to change the use of the premises into a residential property.