GymnasiumUnit 3H, Clapham North Art Centre, 26-32 Voltaire Rd, London SW4 6DH
Gymnasium is one of the first businesses to join the Green Business Directory. The Green Business Directory is a new project that aims to identify and promote businesses in Clapham who have sustainability at the core of their businesses model.
To Find out more about the Green Directory scan the barcode below.
Being the only certified B-corp gym in the UK, and second cross fit gym in the world to achieve this certification, Gymnasium’s move to sustainability is worth celebrating. They believe all businesses should invest in a purpose higher than just profit. “Becoming a B Corporation has been a key objective to demonstrate our commitment to the community we serve, the staff members we support, and the environment we use.”
To certify as a B Corp, Gymnasium had to meet rigorous standards in 5 key areas: governance, workers, community, environment & customers. This has been achieved through a long list of initiatives that include:
- A commitment to salaried positions in an industry dominated by hourly workers, the development of an internal Coach Academy programmefor staff development, pay above industry average wages and the provision of a range of other benefits.
- The creation of a Spartan program for underprivileged youths in collaboration with local charities and online Legends classes for those over 60. These are both provided free of charge.
- Commitment to reviewing significant suppliers, seeking local alternatives wherever possible, and selecting suppliers that meet our rigorous standards including Planet Minimal, Fill, Teemill, Laundry Republic, Eleiko& Nocco.
- MinimisingWaste with the Help of First Mile and other local specialist recycling services.
- Charitable giving policies – supporting local charities through generation of funds collected from no-show/late cancellation fees and events.
Clapham Green Business Guide
Download and read our free infographic on how to green your business here.