The Old Fire Station
The Old Fire Station is located at 33 The Pavement and was constructed in 1868 as a Fire Station to service the new publically funded Metropolitan Fire Brigade. It was designed by Edward Cresy. And was one of 26 fires stations built across London and served the area for 34 years. It is only one of 3 of Cresy’s fire station that still exist today. The Clapham Society erected a local ‘green plaque’ on the building in 2013 and more information is available on the Clapham Society website.
Location – 32 The Pavement, London SW4 0JE