Eat Out to Help Out
The Eat Out to Help Out registration page, supported by HM Revenue and Customs, has now gone live and businesses who join up will receive stickers for their windows to advertise their involvement.
The scheme is open to restaurants, cafes and bars which serve food to eat on the premises and they can use it to offer customers a 50% reduction – up to a maximum of £10 each – who dine there between Mondays and Wednesdays in August.
You can register you business online one government website here.
Please inform This is Clapham so we can add your business to our directory and promote the offer.
You can register if your establishment:
- sells food for immediate consumption on the premises
- provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
- was registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July
You cannot register:
- an establishment that only offers takeaway food or drink
- catering services for private functions
- a hotel that provides room service only
- dining services (such as packaged dinner cruises)
- mobile food vans or trailers
To register, you must have:
- the Government Gateway ID and password for your business (if you do not have one, you can create one when you register)
- the name and address of each establishment to be registered, unless you are registering more than 25
- the UK bank account number and sort code for the business (only provide bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted)
- the address on your bank account for the business (this is the address on your bank statements)
- the date your business started trading